Financial statements tell the story of a business. The abundance of data contained in the financial statements urges the board and management of business organizations to rely upon them in coming up with sound decisions and in plotting the future of the business. More importantly, investors, creditors, suppliers, and analysts depend on the financial statement data in assessing the financial health of a business. Hence, it becomes imperative for both the preparers and users of financial statements to clearly figure out the structure and contents of the financial statements.
This seminar provides the participants with a comprehensive knowledge on the various elements that comprise the financial statements, including their nature, classification, measurement, and presentation. It covers the accounting information system that the business must put in place to ensure that financial statements are fairly presented and generated on time. Discussions will include the interrelationship of accounts and the links among the different financial statements. The seminar concludes with analyzing the contents of the financial statements to make them more meaningful to users.
At the end of the seminar, the participants will be able to:
a. explain the attributes and processes that comprise an accounting information system and their interrelationship;
b. describe the regulatory regime, standards, and frameworks that serve as guide in financial accounting and preparation of financial statements;
c. illustrate the structure and contents of the statement of financial position, statement of comprehensive income, and statement of cash flows and discuss their relationship
d. demonstrate the contents and importance of the notes to financial statements;
e. analyze the financial health of a business organization based on the financial statements.
Outline of Topics
1. Key Business Activities. This explains how the business undertakes the financing, investing, and operating activities and the role of the managers on these activities.
2. The Financial Reporting Environment. This covers the current developments pertaining to the preparation of the financial statements as required by regulatory bodies.
3. The Structure and Contents of the Financial Statements. This covers the classification of accounts as shown in the financial statements and the contents of the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows.
4. Financial Analytical Tools and Techniques
- Asset management or activity
5. Integrated Tools in Analyzing Business Performance
- Du Pont Method of Financial Analysis
- Financial Leverage
Business owners and executives; and managers, officers, and staff performing the following functions: finance, accounting, marketing, operations, human resources, credit analysis and evaluation, purchasing, planning, supply chain, and investment management.
Limited slots are available. Hurry! Join us now.
Regular Rate Php 1,499.00 + VAT starting September 9, 2020
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until September 8, 2020
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 or more pax
Powermax live webinars are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology.
It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
You must register in order to be able to join. Likewise, you will be asked to Check Out. Afterward, you will receive a confirmation email containing the information about joining the live webinar.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!