Certified Public Accountants (“CPA”), including accountants and bookkeepers, should know the importance of existing BIR revenue issuances in preparing the company’s tax returns. Any mistake committed in preparing tax returns may entail additional cost such as surcharge, interest and compromise penalties. Thus, a taxation module has been developed to address the CPAs’ concerns.
Further, to be an effective tax agent and practitioner, CPAs must know appropriate tax planning to reduce tax payments legally (known as tax avoidance) and must be aware with current techniques used by the BIR revenue officers in the audit and examination of taxpayers.
With the passage of the Tax Reform for Acceleration & Inclusion (TRAIN) law last December 19, 2017 and various subsequent issuances of the BIR on the final implementation and interpretation, we deem it relevant to revisit the highlights of the law which have direct impact on employee withholding and fringe benefit tax.
The BIR has issued numerous revenue regulations and revenue memorandum circulars that are relevant to the aforementioned topics hence, there is a need for this seminar.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING
After the seminar, the participants should be able to:
- Identify the specific BIR rules and regulations in preparing tax returns
- Determine the assessment procedures conducted by the BIR
- Know the current techniques used by BIR in tax audit and investigation
- Familiarize with tax remedies and tax management of taxes.
I. Revised Schedule of Compromise Penalty
II. Violations in Bookkeeping Rules and Regulations
III. Registration Requirements
IV. Keeping of Books of Accounts
V. Preservation of Books of Accounts and Other Accounting Records
VI. Printing of Receipts or Commercial or Sales InvoicesVII. Machine Control Specifications Features
A. For Cash Register Machines
B. For POS MachinesVIII. Reporting Of Monthly SalesIX. Deductible Expense
X. Itemized DeductionXI. Expenses In General
XII. Minimum Corporate Income Tax
a. Minimum Corporate Income Tax on Domestic Corporations
Imposition of Tax
b. Carry Forward of Excess Minimum Tax Minimum Corporate
Income Tax (MCIT) on Resident Foreign Corporation
XIII. Withholding Tax Violations
XIV. Duties & Obligation of a Withholding Agent
XV. Value Added Tax Violations
XVI. Requirements on Input Tax
XVII. Invoicing Requirements
RESOURCE SPEAKER – ATTY. ARNOLD APDUA, CPA
Managing Partner of AAA and Co., CPAs and Former BIR Revenue Officer
- Fifteen (15) years of meaningful experience in tax practice
- Seven (7) years as Revenue Officer of the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) and eight (8) years as tax practitioner.
- Tax lawyer of Quasha Ancheta Peña Nolasco Law Office.
- Professor at the University of thee East and Pamantasang ng Lungsod ng Maynila, where he taught accounting and taxation
- Began his professional career as an associate auditor of Sycip Gorres Velayo and Co. (SGV & Co.) in 2004
- Assigned in several BIR Special Task Force such as drafting the BIR Industry Audit Manual and tax compliance audit of government agencies
- Received several commendations from the BIR including consistent Top Revenue Collector in BIR Mandaluyong from 2009 to 2011
- A resource person and speaker for various Continuing Professional Development (CPD) tax seminars
- Served as PICPA WMMC Committee Chairman for Taxation
- A Committee Chairperson for Regulatory of Association of ACPACI
Limited slots are available. Hurry! Join us now.
Regular Rate Php 1,499.00 + VAT starting August 14, 2020
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until August 13, 2020
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 or more pax
Powermax live webinars are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology.
It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
You must register in order to be able to join. Likewise, you will be asked to Check Out. Afterward, you will receive a confirmation email containing the information about joining the live webinar.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!